|Felix O. Larbi||1995||Stephen Essien||1995|
|Samuel Djanie||2002||Scofray Nana Yaw||1998|
|Francis Acheampong||1976||Ben Ayitey-Adjin||1981|
|Kwame Gyampo||1995||Justice Appiah Asante||1995|
|Paul Kumi Boateng Jnr.||1995||Pius Agbewiadey||1997|
|Selassie Kevin Nyasembi||2013||Fiadonu Michael Timothy||2013|
|Gilbert Osei-Alomele||1984||Hector Obediabah||2001|
|Krobea Asante||2001||Azor Solomon Aniah||2001|
|Oheneba A. A. Offin||2001||Samuel S. N. L. Adjei||1993|
|Victor Addae||1981||Kwame Aidoo||1981|
|Frank Boakye Wiredu||2012||Josiah Ocran||2012|
|Baaecho Albert Aniwiser||2001||Kwasi Owusu Boadu||1977|
|Emmanuel Owusu-Kyei||1990||Kotey Okae||1987|
|Samuel Amoako Baah||1990||Stephen Amedza Agyemang||2012|
|Godfred Opoku Agyemang 2012||2012||John Kwaku Appiah||1981|
|Kwabena Aidoo BMJ 1981||1981||Daniel K. Abossey||1974|
|Richard Ayitey Capone 1996||1996||Joel Bannor||1996|
|John Duke 1977||1977||Frank Ofosu-Appiah||1974|
|Josuah Adjin-Tettey||Bransford Ntumi||1973|
|Nicholas Lutterrodt 1981||1981||Ken Mckenzie||1996|
|Samuel Annan||1995||Autis Nettey||1985|
|Gabriel Tenkorang||2012||Dominic Peash||1990|
|Edward Ababio Opole||1979||Emmanuel Anim||1997|
|Derrick Lartey||1998||Mishuo Nicholas||2000|
- Meeting started at 4:10pm. Opening prayer was said by Samuel Djanie.
- Scofray Nana Yaw Yeboah, the association’s president welcomed all members to the meeting after which he said our main agenda is our 50th anniversary programs and related activities, budget and other matters.
- The president then invited the vice president to take us through the programs and
- Activities for the 50th anniversary.
ACTIVITIES AND BUDGET
- The vice president, chairman Essien distributed about 20 copies of the programs in a PDF format presentation. Some are in coloured and others in black and white.
- Please find the summary and meeting inputs of the program. Details which are in PDF format would be posted on the various platforms after we post the minutes.
Events preceding the main anniversary
21st September, 2017 – Old Students’ Anniversary walk in Accra. Starting and ending point at Elwak Sports Stadium 37. Time 5:30am.
14th October, 2017 – Sec. Tech vs. Pojoss Aponkye cup at Elwak Sports Stadium. Time 8:00am.
21st October, 2017 – Eastern Region students fun fair hosted by Sec. Tech.
11th November, 2017 – Health program – Blood Donation exercise with Regional Blood Bank at Koforidua.
Visitation to whip up the interest on various university campuses.
MAIN ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
27th November, 2017 – Procession by School. Two groups via Poly road and main Koforidua township roads.
28th November, 2017 – Educational summit for all Eastern Region schools.
30th November, 2017 – Old Students candle procession through Koforidua town, time 8:30pm. We will use Electronic candles.
1st December, 2017 – Old students’ bonfire and Anniversary fireworks with live band and some chops.
2nd December, 2017 – Anniversary day. Program starts at 8:00am at MPAH site.
2nd December, 2017 – Dinner Dance on campus.
3rd December, 2017 – Church service starts at 9:30am.
KEY COMMUNICATION CHANNELS FOR THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY PROGRAMS
- Bill boards
- Social media
Budget for the entire program – GH¢ 94,500.00
DISCUSSIONS ON THE PROGRAMS LINEUP PRESENTATION
- Snr. Aidoo BMJ suggested we chose few media networks which can propagate our message to the masses rather than plenty media stations in which their coverage are just within a locality. The meeting agreed to that.
- Some of the old boys have promised to sponsor some of the communication tools. The organizers are liaising with them for a successful media blast. All sponsors of the program would be acknowledged in due course. The organizers are compiling their names and respective packages.
- The vice president told the meeting that Krobo Girls, Sutesco and Pojoss Old student have promised to be part of the walk on 21st September.
- Banners and various media announcements had already started rolling and all old boys were tasked to make noise about all the activities where ever we find ourselves.
- With regards to the dinner dance/fundraising on campus, the meeting agreed that it is going to be a well-structured and strictly by formal dress code. No “chaley wôte”, meaning no T-Shirt, Lacoste, cloth, but black tie affair with an entry ticket.
- The meeting voted on the tickets and with almost about 50members at the meeting agreed that we charge GH¢50.00 per head for the dinner dance/ fundraising. Tickets for the Dinner dance/fundraising are being printed by Capone and will be distributed to the coordinators. Some will also be sold at Elwak.
- Some old boys at the meeting promised to seek sponsorship on some aspects of the dinner dance/fundraising to which the organizers would be liaising with them.
- We emphasized on security on campus during the celebrations. The meeting agreed that any old boy whose actions on campus are found to be alien to the events would be handed over to the police.
- The meeting decided that on the day of the anniversary, all departed old boys would be generally remembered and acknowledged with a minute of silence.
The meeting agreed that all year group should contribute between GH¢1,000.00 to GH¢3,000.00 for the organization of the entire program. This money should be ready by the next meeting in October.
Highlight on salient decisions
- GH¢50.00 per head for the Dinner dance fundraising.
- GH¢1,000.00 to GH¢3,000.00 being contributions from year groups to support the budget.
- A minute of silence for all departed old boys, no mention of name.
We have about GH¢11,000.00 payment on the cloth, but we need about GH¢45,000.00 for the pre-order. The vice president told the meeting that an old boy has promised to prefinance the printing of the anniversary cloth. We are only printing 1,800 yards only. It will be shared on first paid basis. All coordinators were encouraged to tell their members to pay for the cloth as early as possible so that we can repay the loan.
Pius suggested that we sanitize the International platform due to many unwarranted post on it. The meeting agreed that some members who do not heed to the platform rules should be taken off.
Our Old boy of 81year group by name ‘Poor Millionaire’ has redeemed his pledge on one column fundraising in the amount of GH¢1,800.00. Silver collection – GH¢291.00.
Meeting came to a close at 6:30pm with a closing prayer by Samuel Dzanie after which the school anthem was sang, “Mmerimma mma” Abusa Kese3!.
Next meeting: 1st October, 2017 at GBC Club House. Recorded by Felix Osae Larbi